Monday, April 13, 2009

Muffled directions

How I wish I could read God's mind.
Not to know my future or my life outline. If God could just spray paint what to do on the walls of my mind, life would be a lot easier.

The problem is that He does spray paint it all over my mind, I just don't see clear enough. He shouts it into my heart, I'm just not listening hard enough. He spells out the steps I should take all over his arms, I'm just not willing to be lifted by them, feet off the ground. My heart might be God's but if I'm covering my ears, all I'll hear is muffled directions.

He might break down walls and smash a couple of locks, but a vault is made to last. No key is needed from the inside, just a small step, built up with courage. By the time you're able to push yourself for it, He's broken through your last safe box. Ears will be opened and feet lifted off the ground. Walls will be studied, to find the meaning behind the words spray painted on them.

And He'll be telling you the same all along: "I love you, take my hand. Just look me in the eyes and just trust me. I won't ever let you fall."

No comments:

Post a Comment